Fair Superintendents-Open Positions!
Superintendents and their assistants organize and coordinate events at the El Paso County Fair. These positions are extremely important to the 4-H program. Please consider being apart of an amazing team!
ALL Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents are REQUIRED to apply in ALL project areas.If you have a dedicated team of people who you want to help you, they should also apply through this process. We encourage anyone interested to apply.
Please read the job description of superintendents (this includes assistant superintendents) and thoroughly consider the time commitment and expectations.
- Fair Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent Job Description
- Livestock Office Management Team Superintendent Job Description
- Application (Fair Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent/Livestock Management)
- Wednesday October 9, 2019
Meeting Schedule (Additional meetings may be scheduled if needed)
- Wednesday November 20, 2019
- Wednesday February 5, 2020
- Wednesday May 27, 2020
- Wednesday June 1, 2020
Applications are to be submitted via email to Emily.Tobler@colostate.edu by MONDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2019 AT 12:00 AM.
- To organize shows, events and exhibit days that run well, with an element of education in the process
- Minimize problems and conflicts and when they do arise to resolve them efficiently, timely and in accordance with the approved rules, policies and procedures which benefits the fair, exhibitors and the integrity of the program while striving for a positive outcome for all involved whenever possible
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner while enforcing the 4-H Code of Conduct and 4-H Policies
- Maintain the standards of the County Fair and 4-H Youth Development Program by conducting oneself in a responsible manner and honoring confidentiality
- Serve as a positive role model and willingly share knowledge with youth 4-H members
- Support group decisions and polices
- Maintain close contact with the Superintendent Liaison for the County Fair
- Work and communicate with the CSU Extension Office and Agents
- Coordinate and work together with other show superintendents
- Planning and attendance for pre-fair events such as tag ins, weigh ins, and etc
- 2-4 days for pre-fair set up (stalls, ground cleanup day, etc)
- 10 days of fair plus pre-fair communications and post fair follow-up
- 3-5 meetings for pre-event planning and evaluations
- 1 day tear down/clean-up
- 1-2 meetings post-fair for follow-up/wrap agenda items
If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me Emily Tobler at Emily.Tobler@colostate.edu
4-H Club/Group Chartering Process
The deadline for 4-H club and groups Re-Chartering for the 2019-2020 year has passed.
New Clubs:The new club charter process begins after October 16th, 2019, if you are interested in starting a new 4-H Club for the 2019-2020 year please contact Karla Cortez, 4-H Program Assistant, at email@example.com.
4-H Leader Forms
Informed Consent Form This form needs to be filled out for any non-4-H youth attending a 4-H event or activity. Parent/Guardian permission to participate in attained via parent signature.
Informed Consent Form – Outdoor Activities This form needs to be filled out for any youth, 4-H members and non-4-H members, is participating in an outdoor activity such as rafting, hiking, or camping under the 4-H program umbrella.
Publication Order Form This is the form for club leaders to use when ordering bulk 4-H project books and literature for their club. The Excel sheet is self-calculating.
If you have any issues entering information into the Financial Report page please click on this link for an Excel version