Food Safety Works
Food Safety Works is a safe food handler certificate training that teaches entry-level food workers how to safely handle, prepare, and store food. Taught as a 2 hour class with hands-on activities and exam, participants with a passing score receive a safe food handler certificate valid for 2 years.
Benefits for Food Service Workers:
- Increase confidence and motivation to handle food safely, improve knowledge and awareness of ways to prevent foodborne illness.
- Receive Food Safety Works wallet card. Valued by employers.
- Great incentives towards job promotion.
Benefits for Your Business:
- Take pride in being proactive in preventing foodborne illness.
- Increase consumer confidence: show that you value safety!
- Increase employee pride and teamwork in serving food.
- Increase likelihood of improved inspections.
- A Food Safety Works Manual
- Food Safety Works Certificate of Attendance
- Food Safety Works Wallet Card
Are you interested in bringing your home-made food products to market? CSU Extension- El Paso County offers a training that will meet the food safety training requirement of the Colorado Cottage Food Law. Learn foods permissible in the Cottage Foods Act, ingredient labeling requirements, as well as basic food safety for a home business.
Classes held in El Paso County
January 24, 2019 (Thursday) – 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
February 27, 2019 (Wednesday) – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Cost $40.00 (3-year certification)
Pre-registration required. Registration closes on Jan. 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm.
Please register at the Extension office located at:
17 N. Spruce St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to Noon
1:00 pm to 5:00 pm