The responsibilities of the 4-H Horse Advisory Committee shall include the following:
- Coordinate promotion and scheduling of events, activities and shows in El Paso County with the 4-H Youth Development/Agriculture Extension Agent.
- In addition, the committee shall review existing county 4-H horse projects, programs, and activities; analyze ways and means of new and more effective efforts and advise the 4-H Youth Development/Agriculture Extension Agent accordingly, helping motivate 4-H members to pursue their project with excellence.
- Uphold all written county, state and national 4-H rules and policies and codes of behavior.
- Fund-raising to provide financial support for 4-H horse activities, and administrating those funds.
- Advise the 4-H Youth Development/Agriculture Extension Agent related to the administration of the 4-H Horse Show at the El Paso County Fair (i.e. Enforcement of El Paso County Show Ring Code of Ethics, Exhibition Rules, and judge recommendations).
- The committee shall provide a “sounding board” for concerns and suggestions from interested individuals and groups that would benefit and encourage the education and development of horse and rider.
- Distribution of scholarships and selection recipients.
- Make recommendations on resource leaders involved in the 4-H horse program in El Paso County.