The combination of agriculture and tourism creates a unique way for property owners to diversify and create additional income for their businesses.
Colorado State University – El Paso County is hosting a workshop that will bring together experts from Colorado State University, Colorado Department of Agriculture, Colorado Agritourism Association, and El Paso County Planning and Community Development.
Event: Friday, October 6, 2017
Workshop: 8:30 am to 12:45 pm
Farm Tour to a Northern El Paso County Pumpkin Farm 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Morning snacks and Boxed lunches catered by Her Story Cafe’
Register deadline: Oct. 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm
- Explore what agritourism means.
- Determine what visitors are seeking.
- Discover resources to launch your agritourism business.
- Understand and manage your risk in agritourism enterprises.
- Learn recent changes to El Paso County regulations regarding agritourism.
- Hear what Small Business Development Center can do for your business development.
Speakers from the following organizations:
Colorado State University Extension
Colorado Department of Agriculture
Colorado Agritourism Association
El Paso County Planning and Community Development
Pikes Peak Small Business Development
There will be plenty of time for discussions with experts and setting goals for your business.
There are two sessions you can register for:
Workshop ONLY – 8:30 to 12:45 – Cost $ 25.00
Workshop and Farm Tour (limited space) – 8:30 to 3:00 – Cost $35.00
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/agritourism-workshop-tickets-37699823186
For questions or additional information please contact Michele at 520-7676 or email@example.com