The responsibilities of the 4-H Small Animal Advisory Committee shall include the following:
- Support 4-H Youth Development and the Colorado State University Extension 4-H Youth Development and inform youth of county, state and national program opportunities.
- Endorse and abide by all county and state 4-H policies, rules of exhibition and codes of behavior.
- Review existing county 4-H projects, programs and activities; analyze ways and means of new and more effective efforts, and advise accordingly, to help motivate 4-H members to pursue their projects with excellence.
- Provide a “sounding board” for concerns and suggestions from interested individuals and groups that benefit and encourage the education and development of the 4-H member.
- Coordinate promotion and scheduling of events, activities and shows in El Paso County with the Colorado State University Extension 4-H Youth Development.
- Participate in county council meetings, leaders association and training sessions as appropriate as well as being willing and able to attend regular meetings of the appropriate committee consistently.
- Support activities to provide financial support for 4-H activities and administration of those funds.
- Support the decisions of the committee and committee members.
- Recommend resource leaders involved in the 4-H program.
- Support and promote the entire 4-H Youth Development Program in this county through 4-H Clubs, Activities, School programs, etc.